Partition Logic - программа для работы с разделами жесткого диска. Partition Logic позволяет устанавливать активные разделы жёсткого диска; создавать, скрывать, перемещать, форматировать и удалять разделы; устанавливать тип файловой системы; клонировать диски и выводить подробную информацию о них.
Данная программа базируется на операционной системе Visopsys. Работа с Менеджером разделов осуществляется посредством запуска компьютера, используя загрузочную дискету или диск. В целом программа оставляет только положительные впечатления и может служить альтернативой таким коммерческим продуктам, как: Partition Magic, Drive Image и Norton Ghost.
Partition Logic - is a hard disk partitioning and data management tool. It can create, delete, erase, format, defragment, resize, copy, and move partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from one to another.
Partition Logic is free software, based on the Visopsys operating system. It boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your regular operating system. It is intended to become a free alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and Norton Ghost...
- Added Spanish and German translations for many of the user programs and GUI features. The user can select their language at the initial splash window.
- Implemented a full SATA (AHCI) driver.
- Implemented an ATAPI-over-USB driver for USB CD/DVD drives.
- The code that detects GPT partition tables now checks whether the MS-DOS “guard table” is really a guard table, for more reliable GPT detection.
- Improved SCSI disk initialization and fixed USB mass storage error detection.
- Improved timing precision for IDE port polling timeouts and channel resets.
- The USB 2 (EHCI) driver now handles controller-level error interrupts (host system errors).
- The disk caching code now does more combining of cache entries for improved performance, reducing the number of disk writes.
- Some memory management code has been reworked.
- Changed the ‘bootmenu’, ‘copy-mbr’, and main Partition Logic programs to preserve the ‘disk signature’ field when installing a new MBR sector. This solves the problem of Windows requiring a ‘repair’ after installing the basic MBR or MBR boot menu. Also removed a warning/confirmation message about the repair thing from the ‘bootmenu’ program.
- Part of the GUI system has been re-written, and GUI menus have been changed so that when the topmost menu item is selected, pressing cursor-up removes the selection.
- The file dialog window now shows the current path the way the file browser program does.
- Implemented mouse and keyboard threads to process input outside of the interrupt context, for improved stability.
- The keyboard system has been redesigned.
- Added typematic key repeats for USB keyboards.
- Interrupt handlers are now disallowed from allocating or freeing memory, or changing the page tables/directories. This is a stability improvement.
- Separated the window shell thread from the main GUI system
- In the computer browser, inapplicable context menu items are now greyed out, such as ‘mount’ when a disk is already mounted.
- Window menu items are now set to the same width as their parent menu, so that they’re all the same length when highlighted/selected.
- Fixed: espectalll123 gave us a corrected Spanish keyboard map.
- Fixed: Modified the USB 2.0 (EHCI) and SATA (AHCI) drivers so that they don’t fail if PCI bus mastering can’t be enabled.
- Fixed: SCSI protocol command sizes and status packet handling for USB mass storage devices.
- Fixed: On some systems, the NTFS code was not detecting the filesystem due to a debug-mode stack corruption issue.
- Fixed: When clicking on the CD-ROM icon in the Computer Browser, there was an error message “Can’t mount disk on” (even though the CD could be mounted from the command line).
- Fixed: USB 2.0 (EHCI) hot-plugging of USB mass-storage devices would tend to fail. The devices were being detected, but were generating communication errors.
- Fixed: Dismissing a dialog box could cause the mouse pointer to disappear, when the mouse was somewhere within the parent window.
- Fixed: Window resizing was very difficult and the correct mouse position to do so didn’t really correspond with the point where the mouse cursor would change to a resize cursor.
- Fixed: Right-clicking in a menu would cause the menu item to show selected. Right-clicks aren’t currently relevant for menu items, so now we just ignore them.
- Fixed: If a CD-ROM is mounted, the computer browser would access it continually. Made this better, but getting the disk properties causes the kernel to check the removable media status, so it’s not entirely avoidable.
- Fixed: Right-clicking anywhere in the computer browser would bring up the context menu for the selected disk. That should only happen when right-clicking on an actual item. Added a getData() and eventComp() functions to the windowList component, to return the objectKeys of all the windowListItems, and to let windowListItems receive right-click context menu events, respectively.
- Fixed: Moving the PS/2 mouse around during hardware initialization of its driver could cause a cascading boot failure.
- Fixed: When there were windows on the screen, pressing ALT-TAB 2-3 times could cause a major GUI crash.
- Fixed: When resizing images in the ‘view’ program, the window title bar didn’t update (with the correct zoom percentage) until the window focus changed.
- Fixed: In graphics mode, the File Browser only noticed directory changes when a file is added or removed, but not sub-directories.
- Fixed: The interpretation of the Linux swap fileystem header.
- Fixed: Support for using images inside of GUI buttons
- Fixed: Improved the stability of the Screenshot program.
- Fixed: Pressing backspace at position (0,0) would cause the Edit program to crash.
- Fixed: Clicking on the kernel binary in the file browser program would cause a crash in the kernel’s runtime loader
Тип файла: CD/DVD, FDD и USB образ
Лекарство: Не требуется
Размер: 10.17 Mb